[jcifs] Updating ACE[] using jcifs

Chris Dail chrisdail at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:48:52 MST 2012

I looking at extending JCIFS to add support for setting permissions on the
share. I will make any changes I make available to the community. After
some investigation it looks like the patch described previously in this
chain is only setting permissions on the file itself and not the share.
What I am looking to do is set the share permissions.

I looked into how this is implemented using MSRPC. I also found Microsoft's
reference documentation that contains the IDL for the desired calls. I'm
having a bit of a difficult time understanding how the Java code was
generated from this.

srvsvc.java appears to be generated from srvsvc.idl. Same goes for
netdfs.java, rpc.java, etc...

Are these generated from the MS COM IDL files? If so what utility was done
to do this?

Any pointers in this area would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chris