[jcifs] jcifs.smb.SmbException: 0xC0000205

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:54:47 MDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM, Yatin Baraiya <baraiya.yatin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hy John McCarthy
>
> I am having an same issue on a Windows Server 2008 R2 32-bit system where
> sometimes I get SMB Error 0xC0000205 when the following java code is executed
>
> SmbFile dir = new SmbFile(remotePath + "yatin");
>
> if (dir.isDirectory())
> {
> String fileList[] = dir.list();//this code line will throw the Exception
> }
>
> Error printstrace:
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: 0xC0000205

Hi Baraiya,

NT STATUS code 0xC0000205 is:

  Insufficient server memory to perform the requested operation.

So it seems your server is simply low on memory for some reason.

Note that if you are using multiple threads or running something in a
loop, make sure *your* code is not responsible for exhausting the
servers memory!

Java Active Directory Integration