[jcifs] JCIFS to connect to AS400 using SMB

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:11:29 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 4:41 AM, Harekishan Shivnani
<harry_mcm2001 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I am trying to connect to AS400 folder but getting the below error
>

> 2012-01-17 22:50:24,259 ERROR createextract10102959 1709-0001 17090001 1709-
> 0001: Exception logging to remote machine :: jcifs.smb.SmbException: A device
> attached to the system is not functioning.

Hi Harekishan,

To diagnose this, I would need two network packet captures.

Note: Do not send network packet captures to the mailing list. Send
them directly to me.

One capture would be of JCIFS failing. The other would be of Windows
performing the same operation successfully. Preferably the Windows
client should be older like XP. If you can get two good captures, I
can then compare them field-by-field and hopefully determine what the
difference is that is causing the error.

Note that even if I do determine what the problem is, I do not update
the package very often so it could be a long time before the fix
reaches the main package. Although it is possible that it is something
your code is doing.

Java Active Directory Integration
http://www.ioplex.com/