[jcifs] Last Access Time and Owner of a File using JCIFS

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 23:15:13 MST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Matt Munz <Matt_Munz at symantec.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
>   I'm new to the list and I'm unfamiliar with the JCIFS development/release process so my apologies if I'm treading old ground here.
>
>> There are no plans to add these features to JCIFS in the near future.
>
>   What about the not-so-near future? Can you make a rough guess when these will be released? Presumably those patches will be merged in to the main branch at some point.  What's necessary to get that to happen?

Hi Matt,

The code is not very active right now and the features you describe
are super high priority. In fact I don't think they're even on the
TODO list to be honest.

The patches directory is not for patches that are to be merged. On the
contrary its for stuff that wasn't really interesting enough to be
incorporated. But if the patch is something that I thought someone
might be remotely interested in, I just drop it in the patches
directory.

Mike