[jcifs] Last Access Time and Owner of a File using JCIFS

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 15:27:32 MST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Aravindan <aravindan.t at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>   In the current implementation of jCIFS 1.3.17, there is no capability for
>
> 1. Getting the Last Access Time of a file
> 2. Setting the Last Access Time of a file
> 3. Getting the Owner of a file
>
> Just wanted to know if jCIFS community has plans to add the above mentioned
> capabilities anytime in the near future.

Hi Aravindan,

That information is actually received when reading security
descriptors. It is just not decoded or exposed through the API. But
there are fairly simple patches in the patches/ directory that
illustrate how add this sort of functionality. I think there's even a
patch for setting the Last Access Time.

There are no plans to add these features to JCIFS in the near future.

Java Active Directory Integration