[jcifs] Opening connection to server taes about 15 seconds

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:15:05 MDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 12:20 AM, Jose Luis Martinez Avial
<jlmartinez at pb-santander.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>        I’m using jcifs 1.3.8 to save a document to a shared folder in a
> windows server. For some reason the connection is taking about 15 seconds to
> be opened, while the copy itself is pretty much instantaneous.
>

> NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth = new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("domain
> ","user","password");
>
> String path = "smb://x.x.x.x/eco/document.pdf";
>
> SmbFile sFile = new SmbFile(path, auth);
>
> SmbFileOutputStream sfos = new SmbFileOutputStream(sFile);
>
> [… write on the sfos …]
>
> sfos.close();
>

> Any suggestion on where the problem may be?

Hi Jose,

I don't know. I would suspect it were a nameservice problem but if
you're using an IP address that's not the problem. The best way to
diagnose problems like this is to get a network packet capture and
look at in WireShark (note: do not post packet captures to the mailing
list).

Java Active Directory Integration