[jcifs] Is the work-around also the answer?

Caldarale, Charles R Chuck.Caldarale at unisys.com
Sun Oct 23 17:16:19 MDT 2011

> From: jcifs-bounces at lists.samba.org [mailto:jcifs-bounces at lists.samba.org] On Behalf Of Bret Comstock Waldow
> Subject: Re: [jcifs] Is the work-around also the answer?

> 1) The system worked fine (or so I'm told) until June of this year.

Which indicates that *someone* changed *something* - and apparently didn't get fired.

> Am I mis-reading to think I have read that jCIFS won't authenticate
> at all with NTLMv2, regardless of whether I use the pre-authentication
> or not?

Don't confuse jCIFS (which works fine with NTLMv2) with the ugly wart that is the HTTP NTLM filter which uses a little bit of jCIFS code.  The filter has always been a kludge and no one should still be using it.

 - Chuck