[jcifs] JCIFS and Windows 7

AJ Weber aweber at comcast.net
Thu Oct 13 09:21:38 MDT 2011

I know this is slightly OT, but,
Has anyone tried the ioplex filter with the sample/local authentication
option for testing (their MyNtlmSecurityProvider)?  No matter what I
try, it doesn't like the properties I've supplied, and ioplex isn't
responding to my emails.

In particular, it currently complains that:
Authentication failed: Property not set or constructed: domain.dns.name

But during startup, it clearly finds this property in my properties
file, and I have tried setting this to a FQDN, a Netbios Name
(hostname), and just the dns suffix.  Regardless, it doesn't think it is
right.

I like the idea of using their OOTB solution and paying for it, but if
they won't respond to a valid request for eval support, I can't imagine
shelling-out the money with that experience.

Thanks,
AJ