[jcifs] NTLM session security

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 07:40:12 MDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Mohan Radhakrishnan <mohanr at fss.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I might have understand this wrongly. Does this mean all data
> passing through the socket using JCIFS is signed and verified at the
> other end ?

If signatures are negotiated then yes.

But if you are looking for "NTLMv2 session security" like you might
use with the Windows NTLMSSP, CIFS does not use that. CIFS implements
it's own message signatures that are not even based on streams. Each
CIFS message has a designated area for a signature. It only uses the
encryption key negotiated during NTLMv2 authentication.

Java Active Directory Integration
http://www.ioplex.com/