[jcifs] Changes in jCIFS

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 11:04:04 MDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Marco Eckert <marco.eckert at hob.de> wrote:
> Dear Mr. Allen,
>
> I work as a software developer for HOB Inc. in Germany (www.hobsoft.com).
>
> We did 2 changes to the jcifs source:
>
> 1. We added a handler for setting a domain controller name/address, if
> the domain controller isn't reachable from the domain's name. This
> change is most likely of no interest for you, it's merely for a better
> integration into our existing project.
>
> 2. We found that, on some samba implementations (e.g. Solaris), the
> file-list isn't assembled correctly. So that, if a certain file/folder
> limit is reached, the files will occur multiple times.
> We found a solution for this, that works in our testing environment.
>
> Because the jcifs project is licensed under the LGPL v2.1, we wanted to
> offer the changes back to you. Please tell us in which format you prefer
> to get the changes.

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the feedback. I would be interested in knowing what change
you made to correctly decode the errant file-list. If the change is
not complex I would be happy with a simple explanation of the change
or a code fragment or a fragment of diff output, etc.

Otherwise, as per the LGPL, if you distribute a modified package, you
need to make the source to that package available to the recipient by
either including it with your product or through a link to your
website. See the LGPL for details.

Java Active Directory Integration