[jcifs] Changes in jCIFS

Marco Eckert marco.eckert at hob.de
Fri Jul 29 01:37:21 MDT 2011

Dear Mr. Allen,

I work as a software developer for HOB Inc. in Germany (www.hobsoft.com).

We did 2 changes to the jcifs source:

1. We added a handler for setting a domain controller name/address, if
the domain controller isn't reachable from the domain's name. This
change is most likely of no interest for you, it's merely for a better
integration into our existing project.

2. We found that, on some samba implementations (e.g. Solaris), the
file-list isn't assembled correctly. So that, if a certain file/folder
limit is reached, the files will occur multiple times.
We found a solution for this, that works in our testing environment.

Because the jcifs project is licensed under the LGPL v2.1, we wanted to
offer the changes back to you. Please tell us in which format you prefer
to get the changes.

Yours sincerely,

Marco Eckert

Follow HOB:

- HOB: http://www.hob.de/redirect/hob.html
- Xing: http://www.hob.de/redirect/xing.html
- LinkedIn: http://www.hob.de/redirect/linkedin.html
- HOBLink Mobile: http://www.hob.de/redirect/hoblinkmobile.html
- Facebook: http://www.hob.de/redirect/facebook.html
- Twitter: http://www.hob.de/redirect/twitter.html
- YouTube: http://www.hob.de/redirect/youtube.html
- E-Mail: http://www.hob.de/redirect/mail.html

HOB RD VPN - einfach, sicher und flexibel  auf alle Unternehmensanwendungen und -daten zugreifen

Praesentation unter: http://www.hob.de/rdvpn2/

HOB GmbH & Co. KG
Schwadermuehlstr. 3
D-90556 Cadolzburg

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Klaus Brandstaetter, Zoran Adamovic

AG Fuerth, HRA 5180
Steuer-Nr. 218/163/00107
USt-ID-Nr. DE 132747002

Komplementaerin HOB electronic Beteiligungs GmbH
AG Fuerth, HRB 3416