[jcifs] Restoring connection after samba server restart

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 13:46:18 MDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Dmytro Polivenok <polivenok at yandex.ua> wrote:
> Sorry for confusion, problem was actual on stoping and starting folder share not in stoping and restarting server. Below you can find more details:
>
> 1. Share folder on Windows machine(tried both on Win XP and Win 7);
> 2. Acces it using jCIFS;
> 3. Stop sharing this folder (samba server continues working, there are also other shared folders);
>        You will receive following stack-trace:
>        Caused by: jcifs.smb.SmbException: The parameter is incorrect.

Hi Dmytro,

I think I understand now. However the Windows file sharing server is
not a "samba server". Samba is a software package from samba.org that
implements the Windows file sharing protocol called "CIFS" on
non-Windows platforms like Linux.

I have added your observation to the TODO list for further investigation.

Thanks for the feedback,

Java Active Directory Integration