[jcifs] JDK7

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:31:35 MDT 2011

Hi Sebastian,

JCIFS it is very much in maintenance-mode right now and I don't think
it would be a good idea to have two different slightly incompatible
APIs in the same codebase. And I don't think it would be terribly
interesting to just do method mapping / class wrapping. If you're
going to implement a completely different API, you might as well just
start over, create a fresh CIFS implementation, call it something else
and use JCIFS as a reference for techniques on how to do things
internally, how not to do things, etc.

JCIFS is a very mature and reliable piece of software and I think it
should stay that way.

Java Active Directory Integration
http://www.ioplex.com/