[jcifs] Android and jcfis-license

Florian bretterwalze at gmx.net
Mon Feb 14 10:23:27 MST 2011

Hi there,
i have some troubles concerning the LGPL License under which JCFIS is
distributed. The problem I see is that the library cannot be distributed as
library like in normal Java applications as the java class files are converted
into the android-specific dex-format in a single .dex-file automatically.

Now my question:
Can JCFIS be used with paid (and closed-source) android apps? And, if yes, how?

I'm developing a paid app which would be only half-useful without
NTLM-authentication, so I would be very happy about an answer on this licensing
question.

Kind regards,
Florian