[jcifs] IP V6 and JCifs

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 19:28:07 MST 2011

Hi Ori,

IPv6 support will only happen when we see real pressure to support it
and so far I believe you may be the first person to have even
mentioned it either on this list or from anywhere else.

JCIFS is used largely within IntrAnets where IPv6 conversion is not a
terribly high priority. At least they're not going to convert for
address space. And I believe most systems do both IPv4 and IPv6 at the
same time such that IPv4 applications will continue to function.

My guess is we won't get any real pressure for IPv6 for another 10
years. But of course that's a wild guess.

Mike