[jcifs] SMB SSO on Windows desktop application

Franck Schmidlin Franck.Schmidlin at northgate-is.com
Thu Feb 3 02:32:08 MST 2011

> I _suppose_ that it only works on Windows, because \\server\share is a
file path
> I swear that I tried it before I mailed here, but it did not work...
and it works now.

My 2 cents: from experience, once you've accessed the share from windows
itself, e.g. through explorer,
The underlying network magic seems to handle the connection
authentication when you next call it from code.
Never knew why or how but I often bypass programmatic access problem by
first accessing the share through explorer.

I'd re-test your code after re-starting your machine, and/or un-mapping
the share from your network neighbourhood and see if it still works.

Cheers
This email is sent on behalf of Northgate Information Solutions Limited and its associated companies ("Northgate") and is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s).

If you are not the intended recipient of this email you must: (i) not disclose, copy or distribute its contents to any other person nor use its contents in any way or you may be acting unlawfully;  (ii) contact Northgate immediately on +44 (0)1442 232424 quoting the name of the sender and the addressee then delete it from your system.

Northgate has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that no viruses are contained in this email, but does not accept any responsibility once this email has been transmitted.  You should scan attachments (if any) for viruses.

Northgate Information Solutions Limited. Registered in England no. 06442582  -  Northgate Information Solutions UK Limited. Registered in England no. 968498  -  NorthgateArinso UK Limited .Registered in England no. 1587537  -  Moorepay Limited.  Registered in England no. 891686  - First Business Support Limited. Registered in England no. 3056267 -  Registered Office: Peoplebuilding 2, Peoplebuilding Estate, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire HP2 4NW

Northgate Managed Services Limited (NI).  Registered in Northern Ireland no. NI032979  -  LearnServe Limited (NI).  Registered in Northern Ireland no. NI043825
Registered Office: Hillview House, 61 Church Road, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim, BT36 7LQ