[jcifs] NT_STATUS_TOO_MANY_OPENED_FILES error

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:24:01 MST 2011

Hi Joe,

This is just another manifestation of the same issue you had a few
months ago. The getSecurity method is simply not designed to resolve
huge numbers of SIDs. As discussed previously, you need to implement
your own SID resolution code to serially resolve multiple SIDs in the
same RPC call and then cache them (actually you can probably just use
the JCIFS SID cache). The operative words here are *serially* and
*multiple*. Then you'll stop overloading the server trying to open LSA
handles.

Java Active Directory Integration
http://www.ioplex.com/