[jcifs] SMB SSO on Windows desktop application

Javier Sedano javier.sedano at novabase.es
Wed Feb 2 04:19:10 MST 2011

Michael B Allen <ioplex <at> gmail.com> writes:

> No. JCIFS does not have access to the Windows credential cache. That
> would require some platform specific code and I somewhat doubt that it
> could be done entirely using Java anyway. When Kerberos is
> implemented, this might change since I believe Java does have access
> to the the Kerberos credential cache and it would not require platform
> specific code.

Solved. The easy way. Not related at all with jcifs, but I'll post it for
reference for others, anyway.

File f = new File("\\\\server\share\path\to\", "file.txt");
FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(f);
fos.write(...);
fos.close();

I _suppose_ that it only works on Windows, because \\server\share is a file path
that Linux/Unix can't handle.

I swear that I tried it before I mailed here, but it did not work... and it
works now. They only thing I can think about is some kind of temporal problem in
the MS domain making the first test fail.