[jcifs] Error Running on JRE 1.4.2

Sean Merron ravenfrost at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 27 06:32:55 MDT 2011

Thanks for your reply! I actually downloaded ant and tried to compile the
project on my machine (which I did notice was set for 1.5 in build.xml) with
1.6 jdk installed but got an error about serverlet not being installed, so I
gotta get that on my box and try to recompile again. Once I know I can get it
compiled then I'll try to switch to 1.4 and try again.

Unfortunately I do not have the ability to update the JRE on the AIX box I
need this to work on because my team does not own it and they will not perform
the upgrade, so I just need to get this to comile with 1.4. It seems it should
still work, I just need to get it compiled and try again.

Looks like the java site does still have J2SE 1.4.2 JDK in the archives here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-
downloads-javase14-419411.html

If you get some free time, let me know if you can get it to compile with 1.4.
Thanks for any help!