[jcifs] file name is not correct

namadoray_curry at mail.goo.ne.jp namadoray_curry at mail.goo.ne.jp
Thu Aug 11 03:59:22 MDT 2011

Hi all,

I am using JCIFS version 1.3.16.

Here is a file which name starts with space.
When I use SmbFile#getName, SmbFile#getUncPath or SmbFile#getPath,
the space of the name is deleted.
I want to get the correct name.
My usage is invalid?
Teach me how to use JCIFS.

We can not create the space file name from Windows Explorer.
But, rename command can do.
<Procedure>
1. create a file
2. change file name.
    # rename foo.txt " foo.txt"

<Sample Source>
package test;

import jcifs.smb.NtlmPasswordAuthentication;
import jcifs.smb.SmbFile;

public class Test {
        try {
            NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth = new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("xxx", "yyy", "zzz");
            SmbFile file = new SmbFile("smb://host/dir/", auth);

            SmbFile[] fileList = file.listFiles();
            for (SmbFile f : fileList) {
                System.out.println("name:" + f.getName());
                System.out.println("unc:" + f.getUncPath());
                System.out.println("path:" + f.getPath());
            }
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }