[jcifs] new exception thrown in version 1.3.16

bryan.coleman at dart.biz bryan.coleman at dart.biz
Wed Aug 3 11:06:52 MDT 2011

I was able to remove the useExtendedSecurity parameter; however, I still
needed the lmCompatibility=0 one.

The stack traces are:

jcifs.smb.SmbException: 0xC00000C4
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:561)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:661)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:316)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:218)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:176)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:911)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:954)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:880)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1335)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1417)

jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password.
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:544)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:661)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:316)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:218)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:176)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doConnect(SmbFile.java:911)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect(SmbFile.java:954)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.connect0(SmbFile.java:880)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.queryPath(SmbFile.java:1335)
        at jcifs.smb.SmbFile.exists(SmbFile.java:1417)

P. S.  The link to "Join the JCIFS Mailing List" appears to be broken.  I
am getting the jcifs messages; however, my posts are being moderated (and
have not yet been allowed through).

Thank you,

Bryan Coleman