[jcifs] new exception thrown in version 1.3.16

bryan.coleman at dart.biz bryan.coleman at dart.biz
Tue Aug 2 14:35:10 MDT 2011

We have been using jcifs for quite a few years now to copy files from one
share to another.  Recently, I upgraded to the latest version 1.3.16 and
began experiencing issues with it.

The first attempt appears to work just fine.  Simplified: We periodically
grab the list of files from the source directory; determine if each file
needs to be copied to the destination; then, copy (delete, backup, etc.).

On the second attempt (with version 1.3.16) we start receiving exceptions.

The first exception we encounter is "jcifs.smb.SmbException: 0xC00000C4"
and then every attempt afterwards leads to a "jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException:
Logon failure: unknown user name or password.".

The 0xC00000C4 tracks down to a "NT_STATUS_UNEXPECTED_NETWORK_ERROR".

I rolled back to version 1.3.15 and everything works fine again.

Note: I am using the following jcifs parameters
"jcifs.smb.lmCompatibility=0" and
"jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity=false".

Any ideas?