[jcifs] Can jCIFS be used to work over a secure tunnel?

Mohan Radhakrishnan mohanr at fss.co.in
Thu Aug 4 01:44:23 MDT 2011

We did read up a bit on IPSec in the past but haven't implemented it. I
am replying because we use JCIFS and sometimes SSH ( requires the server
and a client ) to communicate between systems.

Our problem was that we initially thought systems in the DMZ could use
OpenSSH to communicate with internal systems over the SSH port instead
of the usual 445 required by SMB/TCP. This problem though is solved by a
secure DMZ reverse proxy.

I think JCIFS over IPSec could be an alternate solution.

Thanks,
Mohan