[jcifs] FIPS compliance for JCIFS

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Apr 25 16:56:09 MDT 2011

FIPS compliant or Windows compliant?

Unless someone were to sponsor the testing, I don't know of any way to get
FIPS accreditation for jCIFS.  In any case, the real goal would be to ensure
that jCIFS can leverage any and all of the myriad available authentication
mechanisms supported by Windows CIFS servers.  I don't currently know where
we are in relation to that latter goal.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org