[jcifs] Code to initialize NTML password

jehan procaccia jehan.procaccia at it-sudparis.eu
Thu Sep 16 10:08:21 MDT 2010

  hello,

I already have a java Servlet that sets unix userpassword field in openldap.
Now that I have added the samba.schema to my ldap server I want people
to be able to enter/initiate their sambaNTpassword  ( I understood that
there's no way to derive the NTpassword from the unix crypt password !?)
So I am searching for a simple java code that computes a NTML (MD4 !?)
hash from the clear text password string that my Servlet already gets
from the users input field .

any sample code available ?

Thanks .