[jcifs] SmbFile getURL OpenStream not working SmbAuthException account currently disabled.

Ashokkumar ashokkumar.bala at tcs.com
Thu Sep 9 01:51:46 MDT 2010

Michael B Allen <ioplex <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Ashokkumar,
>
> You are not supplying suitable credentials and JCIFS is falling back
> to "GUEST" which is almost always disabled on the server. Create a
> proper NtlmPasswordAuthentication object for your SmbFile instances.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I believe I am passing a valid NtlmPasswordAuthentication object for the
SmbFile instance. Thats why the below coding works fine.

InputStream inputStream = smbFile.getInputStream();

Whereas the below coding is not working (Getting the URL and its corresponding
stream)

InputStream inputStream = smbFile.getURL().openStream();

Kindly let me know if it is not clear or I am doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards,
Ashokkumar B.