[jcifs] SmbFile getURL OpenStream not working SmbAuthException account currently disabled.

Ashokkumar ashokkumar.bala at tcs.com
Tue Sep 7 07:59:08 MDT 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to read an SmbFile using the below piece of code and it works fine.

SmbFile smbFile = new SmbFile("smb://server1/temp/1.xml", getAuthentication());
InputStream inputStream = smbFile.getInputStream();

But the below piece of coding results in the error "jcifs.smb.SmbAuthException:
Logon failure: account currently disabled."

SmbFile smbFile = new SmbFile("smb://server1/temp/1.xml", getAuthentication());
InputStream inputStream = smbFile.getURL().openStream(); // Doesn't work

I need to pass the URL object to ANT library and it tries to call the openStream
(). Thats why I want to read the file using getURL().openStream() method.

Could you please guide me to solve the problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Ashokkumar B.