[jcifs] JCIFS Basic Auth

André Warnier aw at ice-sa.com
Fri Oct 22 09:37:47 MDT 2010

suedej wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new of JCIFS. And I want to using the jsifs work with tomcat and then
> can auto auth. user when they are logged in to our domain. Everything is
> work fine, but we have one thing want to modify that, now if the user
> haven't login to the domain, the basic auth windows will be prompted. But
> actually we want to redirect it to the login page rather than prompt up the
> basic auth windows, are anyone know how to config the jcifs in order to
> redirect the page?

That option does not exist in the code of that module.

If you are new to this, you should /really/ read the blue text on top of this page :

http://jcifs.samba.org/src/docs/ntlmhttpauth.html

The jespa module, for which there is a link on that page also, allows exactly what you
want.  I am using Jespa, and it works.

There exists also another solution, called Waffle, here :
http://waffle.codeplex.com/

But I have not yet tried it.