[jcifs] NullPointer Exceptions with OES2

Travis Ennis travis.ennis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:56:52 MDT 2010

Mike,

Just to see if I could do anything with the fact that the
LastNameOffset in the Trans2FindFirst2Response object points to the
byte
immediately *after* the last entry in the file list, I added the
following to the Trans2FindFirst2Response class on line 158 in version
1.3.14:

// >>OES2 Fix
if(CIFS_IMPL.equals("OES2")) {
    bufferIndex += 1;
}
else {
    bufferIndex += 2;
}
// OES2 Fix<<

This changes works in that it is now possible to list
files/directories in shares that contain over 2000 files/directories.
However, it causes problems if you have the jcifs.smb.client.listCount
or jcifs.smb.client.listSize property set to anything but the default.
I've yet to discover the pattern under which the failure occurs, but
the exception that is thrown is always the IOException thrown in the
doRecv method of the SmbTransport class. It seems the size is always
bigger than the rcv_buf_size when the failure occurs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Travis

--