[jcifs] Proble with connecting to windows share

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu May 20 10:25:24 MDT 2010

Hi Mariusz,

No I don't know why that would be. But it seems to be obvious that the
servers must are in fact not identical in some way. I am not aware of
any scenario where JCIFS cannot authenticate with any server (although
very old systems like Windows 98 have not been tested recently). So I
can only conclude that the credentials being transmitted to the server
are actually not correct as the error message states.

Mike

2010/5/19 Mariusz Tusiński <m.tusinski at expletus.pl>:
> I can mount it from linux using mount -t cifs -o
> username=user,password=password //192.168.90.2/D /mnt/x
> The code used for connection:

> String sb = "sbm://192.168.90.2/D"
> NtlmPasswordAuthentication auth = new NtlmPasswordAuthentication("",
> "username", "password");
> SmbFile file = new SmbFile(sb, auth);
> SmbFileOutputStream sos = new SmbFileOutputStream(file, false);
>
> This code works for the other computers. Any idea why jcifs is not working
> for this particular computer?
>
>> Hi. I've got a problem with JCIFS. Here's the situation:
>>
>> I've got 10 computers with Windows XP Embedded. The're all the same
>> computers. Each one of those computers share disk D and only one user has
>> rights to access this share - user: user, password: password.
>> Those computers don't work in domain. I can't access shared folder on one
>> of those via JCIFS. I get this message:
>>
>> Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password
>>
>> When I access this share via net use .. from windows command line, or when
>> I map this share in windows everything works fine, and there's no problem
>> with other computers.
>> Any idea what might cause this problem?

Java Active Directory Integration