[jcifs] Kerberos

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 08:27:00 MST 2010

Hi Tony,

Actually I think the Kerberos version can do both. The Keberos version
is updated whenever those guys supply a new package which is every 6
months or so. Unfortunately the JCIFS API has
NtlmPasswordAuthentication objects littered throughout the codebase
and those need to be factored out and replaced with some credential
agnostic infrastructure. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm going to do
for that but for a variety of reasons it's not going to happen soon.

Mike

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Tony Thompson
<Tony.Thompson at stone-ware.com> wrote:
> I am currently using the NTLM code in jCIFS to do NTLM authentication to my
> web applications (like the NtlmHttpFilter).  I am also using jCIFS to
> connect to CIFS shares.  I have a project that requires me to connect to
> CIFS shares using Kerberos.  From what I can tell, it looks like I can do
> either NTLM or Kerberos, not both.  Is this a correct assumption?  Also, how
> often is the Kerberos download updated?  It appears to be a couple revisions
> behind jCIFS core.
>
> Thanks
> Tony

Java Active Directory Integration