[jcifs] Unmapped NetServerEnum2Response code

Del Merritt del at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 11 15:48:18 MST 2010

On 03/11/2010 04:40 PM, Del Merritt wrote:
> I'm using JCIFS 1.3.14*.  I have code that does this:
>
>     public class NetServerEnum2Ext extends SmbFile
>     {
>       myMethod() {
>         int Flags = 0x00000200;
>         NetServerEnum2 req = new NetServerEnum2(host, Flags);
>         NetServerEnum2Response resp = new NetServerEnum2Response();
>         send(req, resp);
>         // Check status
>         if(resp.status != SmbException.ERROR_SUCCESS && resp.status !=
>     SmbException.ERROR_MORE_DATA)
>                         throw new SmbException(resp.status, true);
>       }
>     }
>
> Usually it works fine.  Sometimes it will throw because it doesn't
> recognize the response status.  The value I see in the response status
> is "2".  The same host, flags, and authentication info (not shown for
> brevity) are used both when it works and when it doesn't.
>
> jcifs.smb.SmbException is not figuring out a text translation.  Where
> should I look to see what the status means?

Some additional info: wireshark tells me:

       : other stuff snipped...
    Microsoft Windows Lanman Remote API Protocol
      Function Code: NetServerEnum2 (104)
      Convert: 0
      Entry Count: 0
      Available Entries: 0

It would appear that wireshark too is confused.  But the packet is
otherwise labeled as OK at the outer levels.  So what is a status of "2"?

Thanks again,
-Del