[jcifs] Unmapped NetServerEnum2Response code

Del Merritt del at alum.mit.edu
Thu Mar 11 14:40:59 MST 2010

I'm using JCIFS 1.3.14*.  I have code that does this:

    public class NetServerEnum2Ext extends SmbFile
    {
      myMethod() {
        int Flags = 0x00000200;
        NetServerEnum2 req = new NetServerEnum2(host, Flags);
        NetServerEnum2Response resp = new NetServerEnum2Response();
        send(req, resp);
        // Check status
        if(resp.status != SmbException.ERROR_SUCCESS && resp.status !=
    SmbException.ERROR_MORE_DATA)
                        throw new SmbException(resp.status, true);
      }
    }

Usually it works fine.  Sometimes it will throw because it doesn't
recognize the response status.  The value I see in the response status
is "2".  The same host, flags, and authentication info (not shown for
brevity) are used both when it works and when it doesn't.

jcifs.smb.SmbException is not figuring out a text translation.  Where
should I look to see what the status means?

Thanks,
-Del

* My version is modified to run in a J2ME environment.  It works most of
the time, but I'm still ironing out some wrinkles.  This is one of them.