[jcifs] not able to use jcifs.properties file

vibhuti vibhuti.gupta at thePSI.com
Sat Mar 6 05:52:24 MST 2010

Hi

I am trying to use a properties file for jcifs. Following are my web.xml
entries:

<filter>

                <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>

                <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>

                <init-param>

                    <param-name>jcifs.properties</param-name>

                    <param-value>d:/config/jcifs.prop</param-value>

                </init-param>

</filter>

The above solution does not work.

I then tried customizing the jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter by reading the
filterConfig.getInitParameter("jcifs.properties") in the init() method and
calling Config.setProperty("","value read from properties file").

This also does not work.

As stated in different posts on various forums I found that we need to
specify jcifs.properties as a system property. So I modified my tomcat batch
file and declared -Djcifs.properties=jcifs.prop.

This also does not work.

Any suggestions on how can I make this work. I am using jcifs1.3.12.

Thanks in advance