[jcifs] StackTrace from Novell Open Enterprise Server 2

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 12:21:05 MDT 2010

Hi Roger,

The LastNameOffset in the Trans2FindFirst2Response in your packet
capture (which you stated is Novell OES 2) points to the byte
immediately *after* the last entry in the file list.

Windows always points to the beginning of the last entry as would be
expected. Although historically this field has always been a little
troubled. Windows 98 used returns a value that falls between the
begging and end of the last entry (and last I checked JCIFS handles
this properly). But I've never seen LastNameOffset point beyond the
end of the last entry.

I have added this issue to the TODO list. I'm not sure when I'll get
around to fixing it but at least we have a definitive diagnosis
(actually the correct place to file the bug report would be with
Novell).

Mike

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Roger Thomas <rthomas at stone-ware.com> wrote:
> Did the packet captures show the problem?   Is there anything else I can get
> for you?

Java Active Directory Integration