[jcifs] get a "Transport endpoint is not connected" error !

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 12:27:24 MST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:30 PM, ntrees.hu <ntrees.hu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,all
>
> I'm working at an application in Android with jcifs. But I get an error like
> this:
>
> W/System.err( 8799): java.net.SocketException: Transport endpoint is not
> connected
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.shutdownOutputImpl(Native
> Method)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.shutdownOutput(OSNetworkSystem.
> java:644)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> org.apache.harmony.luni.net.PlainSocketImpl.shutdownOutput(PlainSocketImpl.java:
> 450)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at java.net.Socket.shutdownOutput(Socket.java:838)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.doDisconnect(SmbTransport.java:351)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> jcifs.util.transport.Transport.disconnect(Transport.java:210)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> jcifs.util.transport.Transport.loop(Transport.java:122)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at
> jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:258)
> W/System.err( 8799):    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)
>
> It looks like enter a dead loop, and print the error message endless. And i have
> no idea what has happened. The version of jcifs I used is 1.3.15. is anyone
> could give me a help ?

Hi ntrees,

This is a low-level socket error. When JCIFS tries to close the
socket, the JVM socket code is reporting that the socket is not
connected. This exception should just be ignored and obviously it is
by the stock non-embedded JVM. You could modify the JCIFS code to
isolate and ignore this particular exception.

Java Active Directory Integration