[jcifs] Fragmented request PDUs currently not supported when calling getGroupMemberSids

Anton Prevosti Vives prevosti at vivisimo.com
Wed Aug 11 11:23:53 MDT 2010

Hi all,

A customer is reporting the following error:
jcifs.dcerpc.DcerpcException: Fragmented request PDUs currently not supported
	at jcifs.dcerpc.DcerpcHandle.sendrecv(DcerpcHandle.java:176)
	at jcifs.smb.SID.resolveSids(SID.java:92)
	at jcifs.smb.SID.resolveSids0(SID.java:137)
	at jcifs.smb.SID.resolveSids(SID.java:206)
	at jcifs.smb.SID.getGroupMemberSids0(SID.java:587)
	at jcifs.smb.SID.getGroupMemberSids(SID.java:613)

The values we are passing to the method are:
SID.getGroupMemberSids(server_url, credentials, SID.SID_FLAG_RESOLVE_SIDS)

The customer said that the error only happens when the group has more than about 120 members. For a group with 110 members it works fine.

Does anybody know what could be going on?

I understand that JCIFS does not support fragmented *request* PDUs, but as far as I know we are not creating any fragmentation for the requests.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Anton