[jcifs] Network name resolve time

yankings yankings at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:17:03 MDT 2010

Hi,

I would like to upgrade the existing program with latest jcifs version
(1.1.11 to 1.3.14) , but the network resolve time is greatly different.
Here is the jcifs details:

Here is my testing program, the performance on 1.1.11 is far better than
1.3.14.  It take less than 1 second to complete process, version 1.3.14
needs 2x seconds??

Am i missing some properties configuration for 1.3.14?

    public static void main(String args[])  {
          Date startDtm = new Date();
          Config.setProperty( "jcifs.resolveOrder", "LMHOSTS,WINS,DNS,BCAST"
);
          try {
              UniAddress mydomaincontroller = UniAddress.getByName(
"testServerA" );
              NtlmPasswordAuthentication mycreds = new
NtlmPasswordAuthentication( "testDomain", "testUser", "testPassword" );
              SmbSession.logon( mydomaincontroller, mycreds );
              System.out.println("Completed normally");

              Date endDtm = new Date();
              Double result = (endDtm.getTime()-startDtm.getTime())/1000.0;
              System.out.println(result);
          } catch( Exception see ) {
              // NETWORK PROBLEMS?
              see.printStackTrace();