[jcifs] Message: "The parameter is incorrect." with jcifs 1.3.12

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:44:12 MDT 2009

I don't think you can write to a printer like that. I think the error
is probably unrelated to this fact but printers expect a certain data
format nevertheless. If you studied a capture you could probably
figure out the right flags and such to make the transport layer work.
But again, you would need to write PostScript or PCL or whatever and
it would all be very printer specific. In general JCIFS does not get
into printing. Printing an extremely complex area.

Mike

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 3:31 AM, drieschr <dries.christiaens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to send a file to a shared printer on a Windows domain with
> Samba with the latest version of jcifs (1.3.12). Unfortunately I got the
> following exception:
> jcifs.smb.SmbException: The parameter is incorrect.
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:542)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:644)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:224)
>        at jcifs.smb.SmbTree.send(SmbTree.java:111)

Java Active Directory Integration