[jcifs] Davenport - restrict access only to certain users

Charles maillists at awcconsulting.com
Mon Sep 14 11:03:35 MDT 2009

Hi,
I have installed a test VM of Davenport (running on CentOS 5.3 64 bit).
I have been able to get Davenport working and have even enabled SSL only
with a self-signed certificate.  I can login and browse shares as expected.

My question is.  Is there an easy way to only allow Davenport to only
grant access to certain users/groups?  Management only wants to allow
certain external people to be able to login through Davenport to browse
files.  They do not want all users to be able to access files on the
server.  Davenport seems to just grant every Samba user access - which
is certainly not very granular in access control.

Any suggestions?  Or am I missing a configuration issue.

Thanks in advance.

--- Charles