[jcifs] reuse of authentication credentials

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:45:30 MDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Jan Asle Kroknes<janasle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using jcifs 1.3.3 to provide ntlmv1 authentication for a SIP
> application.
>
> The first request received from the sip client is authenticated successfully
> with the domain controller.
> On the second request the client resend the type3message data from the first
> request and my application attempts to authenticate with the domain
> controller once more. This time the authentication fails with the following
> error message: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. NT status:
> 0xC00006d.
>
> Is this supposed to work at all?

No. JCIFS is a file service client. Even though in the past the code
has been hacked to provide a make-shift authentication service, that
functionality has been removed.

Note that JCIFS does include code to act as an *initiator* of NTLM
authentication (a client). But it cannot be used to act as an
*acceptor* of NTLM authentication (a server).

Java Active Directory Integration