[jcifs] Problem with jCIFS 1.3.12 and submitting form

Aleksandar Stojsavljevic alex at prozone.rs
Thu Oct 22 02:40:39 MDT 2009

Hello,

I have a web application (running on Tomcat) that uses jCIFS for
authentication. When I upgraded to 1.3.12 version of jCIFS I found out
that submitting of form that uses "post" method is very, very slow.
Forms with "get" method work just fine. I didn't have this problem with
1.3.10 version.

To show you my problem, I've created very simple application called
"jCIFSTest" that has index.html, web.xml and jCIFS jar file. Tomcat
version is 6.0.20.

index.html:
   <head>
   </head>
       <form method="post" action="/jCIFSTest">
           <input type="hidden" name="dummy" value="dummy" />
           <input type="submit" value="Submit!"/>
       </form>

web.xml:
<filter>
   <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
   <filter-class>jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter</filter-class>
         <init-param>
       <param-name>jcifs.http.domainController</param-name>
       <param-value>127.0.0.1</param-value>
   </init-param>
     <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.smb.client.useExtendedSecurity</param-name>
          <param-value>false</param-value>
   </init-param>
                 <init-param>
          <param-name>jcifs.lmCompatibility</param-name>
          <param-value>1</param-value>
   </init-param>

</filter>
  <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>NtlmHttpFilter</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

I have looked at the jCIFS source and I've found out that 155. line of
SmbTransport.java (address.getHostName()) causes this behavior.
Am I missing something? Do I have to configure jCIFS differently?

Regards,
Aleksandar Stojsavljevic