[jcifs] Compute password hashes

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Wed Nov 4 12:27:32 MST 2009

The explanation of how these algorithms work can be found in the following
locations:

  LM Challenge/Response: http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.8.3
NTLM Challenge/Response: http://www.ubiqx.org/cifs/SMB.html#SMB.8.4

There is some example C code here:
  http://www.ubiqx.org/libcifs/source/Auth/
...but it doesn't provide the actual program you'd need in order to generate
the hashes (mostly because that step is exceedingly simple once you know how
it works).

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org