[jcifs] JCIFS: Get SMB server/share textual descriptions?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 10:26:39 MST 2009

Hi Robert,

Not using the current public API no.

However, I think if you the following 'public':

  jcifs.smb.SmbFile.doMsrpcShareEnum()
  jcifs.smb.SmbShareInfo
  jcifs.smb.SmbShareInfo.remark
  jcifs.smb.FileInfo

then cast each element returned by doMsrpcShareEnum into SmbShareInfo,
then you can reach SmbShareInfo.remark which is what you want.

So it requires code changes but they should be very simple.

Mike

PS: Note that build instructions are secretly listed at the very
bottom of the README.txt.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Rob Schroeder <rs at iemp.net> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> is there a method to get the textual description (comment/remark, however you
> may call it) for an SMB server or share? Neither browsing the JCIFS docs nor
> searching the 'net I got any wiser...
>
> What I'm looking for is the additional information that gets listed for each
> server name when you type "net view" on a Windows command line while logged on
> to a domain.
>
> Cheers,
> Robert

Java Active Directory Integration