[jcifs] OutOfMemoryError when writing with SmbFileOutputStream

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:52:59 MST 2009

Hi Krum,

If you disable DFS the client will not support DFS. But even disabling
it probably is not really making everything "ok". The OOM condition is
probably not being caused by creating threads for the trusted domains
lookup. It is more likely related to some byte[] array data not being
released or something unrelated to the trusted domains lookup. It's
just that creating a thread requires a chunk of memory and so that
happens to be the moment at which you see the failure.

Please resend your test program as an attachment and without line
numbers and I will look into it.

Mike

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:54 AM, Krum Valkov <k.valkov at bg.seeburger.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I set the jcifs.smb.client.dfs.disabled property to true the resolve method
> does not call getTrustedDomains and everything is ok. Is there some case in
> which this property may cause some problems?

Java Active Directory Integration