[jcifs] Getting concurrency error when deleting a file

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sat May 16 01:57:16 GMT 2009

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Michael B Allen <ioplex at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Hugo Palma <hugo.m.palma at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No i didn't, i didn't even know what shareAccess was :o)
>> I posted all the code that creates sbmFiles so you can see that i
>> didn't supply any access properties.
>
> Ok. I have added this to the TODO for further investigation. Perhaps
> JCIFS is somehow opening files without the right shareAccess value.

I was not able to reproduce this issue. I thought there might be a bug
in how the shareAccess member was set because the SmbFiles were
derived from listFiles but I have confirmed that the default
shareAccess remains FILE_SHARE_READ | FILE_SHARE_WRITE |
FILE_SHARE_DELETE and that JCIFS uses it when trying to access a file.

No changes will be applied without further evidence of a bug (such as
a minimal example program).

Java Active Directory Integration