[jcifs] Fix for JCIFS NTLM HTTP Authentication and W2k3

Shivajiv Sinha shivajiv_sinha at infosys.com
Thu May 14 11:12:59 GMT 2009

Hi,

We are using jcifs ver 1.2.17 and users receive irregular authentication failure and their account locks up when they try to access/work with our application. I have seen a code fix mentioned in the below link but would like to know if there is a fix in place for this already or if any configuration change would resolve the issue. Or if anything needs to be changed in network/server level please advice.

http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2008-January/007602.html

I have tried the latest jcifs jar (jcifs-1.3.8) but it does not help - I still see authentication failure.

If a code change is must please can you advice what files/libraries are required to compile the code after changing the same.

The authentication failure issue is quite critical and urgent for us and I would appreciate if you could please help me here.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shivajiv Sinha
Ph: +44 7852327539