[jcifs] JCIFS SMBException

Velladurai, Ashok Kumar Ashok.Velladurai at in.unisys.com
Tue May 12 00:36:45 GMT 2009

I am using JFCIS 1.3.4 for an intranet application. The users encounter
the below exception very frequently. Sometimes issue will be resolved on
reload of the browser or trying after some time. But this exception is
really annoying and we are getting frequent support calls. Any help is
appreciated.

jcifs.smb.SmbException: There are currently no logon servers available
to service the logon request.

        jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.checkStatus(SmbTransport.java:542)

        jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.send(SmbTransport.java:644)

        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.sessionSetup(SmbSession.java:307)

        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.send(SmbSession.java:235)

        jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeConnect(SmbTree.java:161)

        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:171)

        jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logon(SmbSession.java:164)

        jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.negotiate(NtlmHttpFilter.java:189)

        jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter.doFilter(NtlmHttpFilter.java:121)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilte
r.java:96)

Regards,

Ashok