[jcifs] NTLM SSO query

Puthali H.B bputtali at novell.com
Mon Mar 23 03:33:43 GMT 2009

Ok, thanks for clarifying it.

Puthali

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Puthali H.B <bputtali at novell.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a java program which reads a simple file on a CIFS server. It works, if
> i explicitly supply the user credentials either in the url or in a new
> NtlmPasswordAuthentication created using the credentials. I want to know is
> there a way jCifs can automatically use the logged in user credentials to
> connect?

No. That would require access to the kernel credential store which
would require JNI on windows and I don't think there would be a way to
do it at all on Linux.

With Kerberos this would work. But JCIFS doesn't officially support
Kerberos yet and the jcifs-krb5 package will not do what you're
asking.

> without me having to explicitly supply the credentials. Is it
> possible to do this at all?

No.

You must supply explicit credentials. What you're asking is called
"Single Sign-On". Kerberos supports SSO but we haven't found a sponsor
for that yet.

Java Active Directory Integration