[jcifs] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid usage of undeployed classloader

Arbi.Sookazian at cox.com Arbi.Sookazian at cox.com
Wed Mar 18 16:42:29 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am experiencing the following exception running JBoss EAP 4.3_CP02
(based on JBoss AS 4.2.1.GA) in debug mode with Eclipse 3.3 or 3.4 (JBDS
2.0.0.CR2).

		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] Exception in thread
"Transport1"
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid usage of undeployed classloader
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.findClass(RepositoryClassLoad
er.java:625)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClass
Loader.java:467)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClass(RepositoryClassLoad
er.java:408)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
jcifs.smb.SmbTree.treeDisconnect(SmbTree.java:168)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
jcifs.smb.SmbSession.logoff(SmbSession.java:301)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
jcifs.smb.SmbTransport.doDisconnect(SmbTransport.java:338)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
jcifs.util.transport.Transport.disconnect(Transport.java:216)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
jcifs.util.transport.Transport.loop(Transport.java:126)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
jcifs.util.transport.Transport.run(Transport.java:265)
		09:23:16,607 ERROR [STDERR] 	at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

It happens several times a day while I'm debugging my app and I'm not
sure what the root cause of this is but it's really annoying as it
suspends the debugger even though I have not placed a breakpoint in the
JCIFS code.

Here is the manifest.mf contents:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.0
Created-By: 1.4.2_14-b05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

This is the version (name of the JAR): jcifs-1.2.17.jar

I have tried upgrading to jcifs 1.3 but IIRC the config settings for
web.xml was different and I had some problems.  Any help is appreciated.
I don't have this problem with any other class/library in my project.  I
haven't experienced this problem with my other Seam app either.

Regards,

Arbi Sookazian
Java Developer
949-546-2576